Launch of new award
The Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing has announced a new national award to showcase leadership and innovation through quality initiatives that inspires and promotes excellence in the provision of culturally inclusive aged care services.
The Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing Awards for Excellence in Culturally Inclusive Aged Care was launched on 8 June 2012 at the Cultural Diversity in Ageing 2012 Conference. The three award categories are:
- Not for profit organisation demonstrating initiatives supporting ageing diversity
- Aged care services enhancing the provision of high quality care culturally inclusive aged care service
- Dr Olga Kanitsaki Award for Individual Excellence awarded to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional commitment and initiative in the delivery of culturally inclusive care
The award scheme aims to:
- Encourage and promote quality leadership and improvement in culturally inclusive provision of aged care services
- Recognise excellence in continuous improvement and innovation
- Promote quality initiatives across the sector
Nominations for the inaugural award ceremony will open in 2013, with criteria and application process to be announced in late-2012. Winners will be announced at the 2013 Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing Conference.
The Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing looks forward to inviting your nominations for the inaugural Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing Awards for Excellence in Culturally Inclusive Aged Care soon!